Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Day Seven Maui: R & R All Day

Chunky Peanut Butter Mochi
It's our second day at the Wailea Beach Marriott. We had no plans other than just staying put. For once, we didn't venture out in the morning to get malasadas. That's a shame! :-) We totally slept in. By sleeping in, I meant, I woke up at 6am local time, while the rest of the gang were up between 7 and 8am.

I went to the front desk last night and inquired how much they charged per night for our one bedroom Maui suite. I thought it was around $500 per night. I was wrong. Arman, the front desk receptionist said it was $750. Whoa! That's insane. So when I got up in the morning, I had an extra pep in my step as I walked over to the lanai.  :-)


Caitlin had a Do Not Disturb Sign
By 9am, we decided to walk towards the Grand Wailea Resort which was a few hundred yards away. There were lots of people already swimming at the beachfront resort, lots of snorkelers, and stand up paddle boarders. Meanwhile, we were walking and feeling the heat and all we could think of was returning back to to our resort to swim. And that's exactly what we did. We played in the pool for a couple of hours. I asked Evan and Caitlin if they wanted to go to the beach, but they were perfectly content playing in the pool. Good for them!










Lunch time came and we decided to leave the resort and we drove to Eskimo Candy. We went to Eskimo Candy a couple of years ago. I dropped off Nancy and the kids, while I headed out to Foodland (which was about a couple of miles away) to buy poke. I bought Kimchee Tako Poke and White Crab Kimchee Poke. I can eat poke for days. So glad that Foodland's nearby. Once I got my share of poke, I headed back to Eskimo Candy and joined the family. They were already having lunch at this point.






Kimchee Tako Poke
Double Layer Lililkoi Cake
After lunch, we decided to spend the rest of the afternoon just relaxing by the pool. We went from jumping in the pool to the hot tub and back. It was an afternoon of pure rest and relaxation (R & R). The hotel had these queen-size type of padded beach lounge chairs. Caitlin and I found ourselves falling asleep. There was nice warm breeze, enough to put us to sleep. Uneventful. No stress. Just R & R.









We left the hotel by 6pm, of course we wanted to take more pictures of us and the sunset. Our first choice was "Secret Beach" past Makena. It's this little cove tucked between these gorgeous beach front properties.










Walking to Makena Beach

We went here a few years ago and we had the entire beach to ourselves. Well, not last night. There were 2 weddings going on, and as much as we weren't asked to leave, we didn't want to ruin their moment, so we decided to take pictures in nearby Makena.











After taking pics in Makena, we decided to head back to Secret Beach and try to catch whatever was left with the sunset. The 2 weddings were finished and they were just taking pictures by the time we got there. What a beautiful beach!







For dinner, we went to Da Kitchen. The kids ordered a plate lunch that was big enough for all to share. I ordered Da Kitchen's Chocolate Haupia Pie, honestly, I was underwhelmed. It felt like I was just eating chocolate pudding. Way different than Maui Pie's and Ted's Bakery (Oahu). Other than that, I'd go back to Da Kitchen but not for their haupia pie.

Well, that was our Day Seven....mahalo!!!

No comments: