Tuesday, January 9, 2007

New Year Blahs

Happy New Year Everyone!!! Funny how the holidays just came and went.......time just flies. I had the opportunity to just stay at home. I took time off from work from 12/22 and returned on Jan 2nd. It was mission organization for me. At the same time, events left and right. Not in any particular order:

  • Week of Dec 17 - added and installed 3 more garage storage cabinets. We have 7 to begin with, we need more, we're a growing family :-)
  • Installed hanging storage unit in the garage - you might have seen one of those units hanging on the ceiling. We had 2 installed, each unit can carry up to 250 lbs.. This is with the help of my Ninong Nerry
  • Installed shelves in the kitchen pantry - self explanatory
  • Ordered and Installed Water Softener system from GE Aqua 2000 - done
  • Service Time - 60K miles service for the Pilot, 40K miles service for the Mercedes
  • Furniture Moves - swapped the twin trundle bed in my office to the full size bed in Ethan's room, ordered new Leather Sofa and Loveseat for the family room. Delivered on 1/5.
  • Added Blinds in 3 of the bedrooms - with the help of my Ninong Nerry
  • Installed Ceiling Fan in Ethan's Room - with the help of my Ninong Nerry
  • Touch up paint - thank goodness for left over paint, I took out the brush and painted away in the kitchen area
  • Recycle Recycle Recycle - finally took the cans, plastic bottles to the recycling center...I made $9.43 - woo hoo!!!
  • Ate Tonie's Japanese Themed Birthday Party - well, almost! Kuya Nelson and I drove to San Pedro early Saturday morning to buy Freshly caught seafood (we went home with Tuna, Salmon, Yellow Tail, Oysters, Clams). That evening, I was in charge of the sushi rolls, we also had Nabe which is a seafood based soup (I think), and tempura......it was a great dinner
  • New Year's Celebration - I was tasked to do Prime Rib. So I bought a 12-lb roast, seasoned it with Thyme and Rosemary with Garlic and Salt and Pepper, Roasted the meat while it sat on top of Red wine and Beef Stock........after 4 hours......Medium perfection!!!
  • Played Golf at Camarillo Springs with my Kuya Nelson on New Year's Day.......I'm still not playing for the PGA Tour this year or ever! Darn......that's in my to do list hahahahahaa

So the past 2 weeks was nicely busy - but hey, now back to reality! Hope you all have a great New Year!!!

No comments: