Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Golf and my new Callaway Clubs (originally posted 10/27/06 at 10:38 pm)


Ok, I'm no Tiger Woods......but I started playing golf about 4 or 5 years ago. I started playing golf with my Kuya Nelson (my bro-in-law), and although I totally suck, there's always that 1 shot or 2 that makes you wanna come back and play the game again. Just like the Mastercard commercial.....priceless :-) 5 years ago, I went online and bought a $99 iron set from Ebay. My driver was a hand-me-down from my Kuya, so was my putter, a Callaway hand me down from him. I figured, heck, if I end up not liking this, at least I didn't go all out with my investment. So as the years passed, my FGI set did the trick for me. Over the years, I actually bought a Nike driver, and an Adams Tight Lies 3 wood. As far as my game, well, that's always debateable.

This past summer, as Emeril would say, BAM!!! I decided to kick it up a notch. I remember talking to Alf, Jessette's husband. He works for Callaway and was quite instrumental in getting me my new set of Callaway X-18's. http://www.callawaygolf.com/en.CLUBS.Irons.X18.html I actually got the new set sometime in September, but due to the Volleyball tournament practices, I didn't get a chance to even take it to the driving range. It wasn't until last weekend when I took the new set to the golf course. Oh man.........I had a great time. As you can imagine, I always have near misses, and lucky hits here and there, but there was something about these X-18s. I've never seen my balls take flight the way it did last Saturday. Even my Kuya was impressed. Alf lent me other loaners (for a "test drive) a driver, a 3 wood, and hybrid (not the car, ok?), and man.....was I loving them too!!! So I guess I better start playing for real now..........yeah whatever!!!! I'm just having a blast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.